This flag represents one of the four provinces of Ireland, Leinster, whose capital is Dublin. The flag was previously used by the United Irishmen in 1798, Daniel O'Connel's Repeal of the Union campaign in the 1830s and 1840s, and the Irish Republican Brotherhood (IRB). Contrary to popular belief, this flag was also used in the 1916 Rising, however the colour green was seen as exclusively Catholic, thus Sinn Fein favoured the Tricolour in 1918, as a flag embracing both Catholic and Protestant communities in Ireland.
Leinster flagThe flag of Leinster represents the counties of Carlow, Dublin, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Longford, Louth, Meath, Offaly, Westmeath, Wexford and Wicklow that are Irelands most eastern and populated counties. The Leinster flag was used by the United Irishmen in 1789 and the Irish Republican Brotherhood (IRB).
From around the 16th Century a blue flag with the Gold harp was the arms of Ireland until United Irishmen switched the main color to green to symbolize the revolution in the 18th century. The flag is also known as the Arms of Ireland and was the unofficial Irish flag from 1798 into the early 20th Century.
The Irish Naval Jack is still in use today by the Irish Navy and can be seen flown from their ships but is also common in places such as the United States as the Erin Go Bra flag.
Flag is 3x5 foot polyester with 4 rows of stitching on the fly side for better wind resistance.